Experts in Managing Corporate Events and Conferences, Professional Theming, Theme prop Hire, Corporate Entertainment, Team Building Programmes and Fun Day Activities that will impress your colleagues, peers and guests whilst making things fun and easy for you!
Our Story…..so far!
- Year 2000, Aspect Event Management was formed working from a parents spare room and not an asset to our name.
- 2003, We had to change company name due to another company in London trading under the same name. Chordiem Limited was born with Jon Hewlett and Nev leaning as the Directors and shareholders.
- 2004, Moved out of bedroom office after seeing incredible growth in the business and rented our first office and storage units In Braydon, near Swindon. our first full time employee was hired too – Thanks Becky (Bexter) Kimber (was Duffield)!
- 2005, The business continued to grow and more employees came on board including Sales Roles and an Operational Team.
- 2009, Jon bought the company outright and Nev went on to be a pub landlord (nice!). Jon became sole Director.
- 2010, Moved again, this time, into newer, more commercial based offices closer to Swindon and to junction 16 of the M4 (Still there now!)
- 2011, like others in the industry saw a drop in business during the recession and kept a tight ship throughout this period.
- 2013, On the pick up, employed an Office Manager – Claire Quinn – responsible for the running of office team and supplier contracts. Also employed Mark Whitby – Event Operations Manager – responsible for the smooth running of all our off site events.
- 2015, Charlotte Grace joined us for work experience from Manchester University.
- 2016, Charlotte Grace is employed as new Event Co-ordinator. Jon is still very much involved with the running of the business, offering expert advice to the team and ensuring the company mission is accomplished! Also developing the business through mergers and acquisitions.
- We consider ourselves enthusiastic experts for event services, own the equipment we hire and commit 100% to doing it well.
- Meet the Management Team below.
Jon has worked in the event industry for over 25 years and joined Chordiem as Sales Director back in 2001. With a background in both operational management, sales and co-ordinating events, Jon purchased the company in 2009.
Claire has a wealth of experience in managing a busy team working with a major IT company and previously was part of the Chordiem Operations team back in 2006 – 2007.
Event Operations Manager
Mark is a Chordiem veteran and uses his experience and expertise to ensure that the delivery of the event is even better than expected. Mark has worked with Chordiem for over 7 years and has experience in front line sales and customer care too.
Charlotte joined Chordiem fresh from University this year although gained much of her event experience whilst working as part of the admin team and operational team during time off from University. Charlotte excels in her organisation skills and can co-ordinate your event from start to finish…..she also speaks, French, German and Chinese as well as English!